NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“NOTICE”)
Eagle Cliffe (M) Sdn Bhd (Company") is involved in the business of wholesaling and retailing of pharmaceutical products, health supplement and personal care products under the brand name of Kaisar Farmasi ('Pharmacy"). The Company respects the privacy of individuals with regard to their personal data. This Notice is issued pursuant to provisions under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("Act") and any reference to "personal data" herein shall have the same meaning as defined under the Act.
A. Processing of personal data
By signing herein this Notice, you hereby consent to the Company processing your personal data as provided by you or as the Company may obtain from or through public records or other sources in the course of providing its services to you.
The personal data collected by the Company generally include your name, MyKad number, address, telephone number and other personal data required for providing its services to you.
The Company will process your personal data, broadly, for the following purposes:
- to evaluate and/or consider your application for the Pharmacy's Customer Loyalty Membership program;
- to evaluate and/or consider your eligibility for points redemption in regard to the Pharmacy's Customer Loyalty Membership program; to update you with the Pharmacy's weekly promotion;
- to communicate and/or respond to any of your requests for information;
- for compliance with the requirements for retention of personal data pursuant to any applicable laws)
- for any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- for all other actions and processes incidental to or associated with the above,(hereinafter referred to as the "Purposes").
While processing your personal data for the Purposes, the Company may need to disclose or transfer your personal data to companies within the Company and/or to its related companies, agents and service providers relating to the Purposes for which your personal data are collected including to any person who is under a duty to keep the personal data confidential.
In the event that the Company discloses or transfers your personal data to those aforesaid parties, the Company will require the parties to process your personal data with at least the same degree of care that the Company uses to protect its own confidential and proprietary information.
The Company may also disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, if such action is necessary to comply with. any court or regulatory orders or accounting requirements or in good faith to protect and defend the rights and property of the Company.
All your personal data held by the Company will be kept confidential and secured in accordance with any applicable law that from time to time be in force.
All reasonable efforts and practical steps will be taken to ensure that all your personal data held by the Company are kept and are protected against any loss,misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
All reasonable efforts and practical steps will also be taken to ensure that your personal data kept by the Company are destroyed or permanently deleted if your personal data are no longer required for the purposes and have complied with all requirements for retention by law.
While you are neither bound nor obligated to provide the Company with any of your personal data, your choice not to do so may result in you not being able to enjoy the benefits that may be offered and/or provided by the Pharmacy.
B. Your rights as a data subject under the Act.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- to request for access to and make correction of your personal data kept and held by the Company;
- to request the Company to cease processing your personal data that will cause damage or distress to you or another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- to request the Company to limit the processing of your personal data or personal data of another person who may be identified from your personal data;
- to request the Company to cease processing your personal data for purposes of direct marketing; and
- to withdraw your consent for the Company to continue processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights or to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, you may contact the Company at email@example.com